Whether vertical, horizontal, thick, or thin, stripes are one of those styles you can wear anytime, anywhere, and judging by their track record, will likely be staying put on the style front for a while. I love how effortless a striped garment can look, simultaneously classic and modern; an easy and understated style statement. Make stripes the centerpiece of your outfit by keeping all other elements simple, or create a visual and very on-trend ensemble by juxtaposing the linear pieces with brightly colored florals or busy graphic prints. Here are some of my comfy-yet-chic stripy favorites . . . 1: MICHAEL Michael Kors Stripe Tee, Nordstrom, $69.50 | 2: PJK Patterson J. Kincaid Herringbone Raglan-Sleeved Striped Jersey Tee, Saks Fifth Avenue, sale price: $117.60 | 3: Whetherly ‘Anthony’ Stripe Long Sleeve Tee, Nordstrom, $141.00 | 4: Vince Striped Long Sleeve Tee, ShopBop, $145 | 5: Aqua Sweat – Horizontal Stripes, Bloomingdale’s, $98.00 | 6: Splendid Stripe Raglan Sleeve Top, Nordstrom, $78.00 | 7: Dita Sweater, Tory Burch, $395 | 8: Splendid Vintage Coastal Stripe Tee with Long Sleeves, ShopBop, $84.00 | 9: Saint JamesⓇ for J.Crew Hoodie, J.Crew, $215.00 xo Sarah
The mini tote is a must-have addition to every wardrobe this season. I love the look, and the idea of these – great for those of us who tend to carry around a few too many unnecessary items. Perfect for a night out, a trip to the mall, or simply running errands – this stylish staple will quickly become your new [and adorable!] sidekick . Great things sure do come in small packages. M.A.B Tote Mini, in denim, Rebecca Minkoff, $195 | Mini Tote Bag, Marc by Marc Jacobs, sale price: $481.91 | Mini Tanner in Saffiano Leather, Coach, $258 (featured on the model) | City Bag with rings and handle, Zara, sale price: $59.99
I rarely take a liking to trends that emerge each season. This season, however, the d’Orsay flat is totally winning me over. With a mix of classic elegance and modern edge, they have become a staple in my summer wardrobe. Wear them with a simple outfit to turn it into a polished one, or compliment a more formal ensemble by making the comfortable and coveted flat your style of choice.1: Denim Stripe d’Orsay Flat, by Jenni Kayne, sale price: $297.50 | 2: Shoe Cult Viper Flat in white, Nasty Gal, sale price: $47.60 | 3: Shoe Cult Alvarado Flat, Nasty Gal, $68.00 | 4: Sigerson Morrison Halia Flat, ShopBop, $350 | 5: Deena & Ozzy Ankle Strap d’Orsay Flat, Urban Outfitters $34.00 | 6: Vince Nina d’Orsay Flats, ShopBop, $325.00 | 7: Fasai Flat, ShoeMint, $170.00 | 8: Chinese Laundry Kristin Cavallari ‘Cadence’ Flat, Nordstrom, sale price: $89.21 | 9: 3.1 Phillip Lim Devon d’Orsay Flats, ShopBop $395.00 | 10: Nine West ‘Sundew’ d’Orsay Flat, Nordstrom, $68.95 xo Sarah
I first came across Valley Eyewear on Instagram. With its prominent social media following, the brand is rapidly growing and gaining momentum, and for good reason. The stylish frames are 100% hand-crafted and fit with quality Italian optics. Offering a shape for every face, and a range of colours to fit even the most individualistic style, it’s hard to go wrong with a piece of Valley Eyewear. 1: Wolves, in matte black / mirror lens, $179.99 | 2: DB, in snow leopard tort / brown lens, $189.99 | 3: Dash, in dash gloss black / black lens, $199.99 | 4: Salvatore, in mid tort / brown gradient lens, $179.99 | 5: Maddest, in matte black / black lens, $169.99 | 6: Scapula, in pearl flake tort / black lens, $199.99 | 7: Marmont, in gloss black / black lens, $199.99 | 8: A Dead Coffin Club, in dark tort / brown lens, $199.99 xo Sarah
Images + information via: www.valleyeyewear.com
Put a spring in your step and channel happy vibes with these fun sneakers and espadrilles. Perfect for the street, the beach, and everywhere in between. Wear them with pretty much anything for an effortlessly chic, comfy and cool getup.1: Vans x Liberty London Authentic Sneaker – Psychedelic Floral, Nasty Gal, $60 | 2: Superga Candy Coated Sneakers, Nasty Gal, $75 | 3: Zebra Hemp Vegan Women’s Classics, Toms, $54 | 4: The Hideaway Laceups, We are Handsome x Soludos, $78 | 5: Palm Tree-Print Leather and Raffia Sneakers, Kenzo, $350 | 6: Espadrille Flats – Biarritz, Stuart Weitzman, $298 | 7: Molly III – White Leopard Pony, Senso, $199 | 8: Washed Twill Authentic Shoes, Vans, $55 xo Sarah
I’m not much of a resolutions type of gal, but there is something about a fresh, blank calendar that rings in the new year and provides that sense of starting afresh. Get excited for 2014 with these chic and functional options.Roosevelt Desk Calendar, Mark and Graham, $56 | Sugar Paper Black Desk Calendar, Bloomingdale’s, $52 | 2014 Flip Around the World Desk Calendar, Rifle Paper Co., $16 | New Year Calendar, by Jasmine Dowling, free printable download | Observant Nomad 2013 Calendar, Observant Nomad, free printable download | 2014 Roosevelt Desk Calendar, Sugar Paper Los Angeles, $52
Whether you are just starting to notice the first signs of fall, or spring is on the horizon in your neck of the woods, this transition period between seasons is a great time to stock up on your favorite warm-weather essentials (hello, summer sales!). Here are a few ideas to get you started; some staple items that will likely last you for many summers to come. 1. Mamluk Tank in Porcelain, Tigerlily: A basic staple with a simple and classic cut, to show off your tan and flatter the shoulders.
2. Beaded Rose Necklace, J. Crew: A statement piece of jewelry to amp up any lazy-summer-day outfit.
3. Colorful Splashes Scarf, Nordstrom: A lightweight scarf to take your look from day to night, and add a pop of color.
4. Antibes Scallop Bikini by Marysia Swim, Revolve: A go-to bathing suit is a must. This particular suit puts an understated, feminine spin in the basic black ensemble.
5. Panama Hat, J.Crew: Hide your face from the summa’ rays and add a touch of tomboy to your look with the iconic Panama hat.
6. Northern Light Sunglasses by Karen Walker, SHOPBOP: And, protect your eyes in style with a great pair of sunnies.
7. Riley Shorts, LuckyBrand: White denim cut-offs = a staple throughout the warmer months; they go with everything and scream summer!
8. Elida Crochet Dress in Porcelain, Joie: A lovely dress, that will make it easy for you to dress up or down for both night and day wear.
9. Zanibar Towel by Theodora & Callum, SHOPBOP: Lay pretty on this versatile towel, which is reversible, to keep things fun and fresh.
10. Surf Spray, Bumble and bumble: Beach waves in a bottle. Keep up the sandy style long after your trip to the beach with Bumble and bumble‘s Surf Spray.
11. Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF30+, DeVita: You’re never fully dress without a…errr…SPF? The most important summer must-have, this DeVita sunscreen is a personal favorite. Made from all-natural ingredients (sans parabens and other nasties), it is feather-light, never oily or greasy, yet moisturizing and absorbs quickly.
12. Nice Sandal by Joie, Piperlime: This simple slip-on style is easy to throw on or off when you’re hitting either the sand or the pavement.
13. Nappa Beach Tote, Calypso St. Barth: The perfect carry-all for your summer essentials.
14. Betsey Johnson Jewels of the Sea Starfish Stud Earrings, Zappos.com: And finally, a nod to the nautical with these whimsical starfish studs.